Frequently Asked Questions

Is chlorine dioxide (CL02) some kind of bleach?
No. While chlorine dioxide has chlorine in its name, its chemistry is very different from the corrosive chemistry of chlorine bleach. The primary differences are that chlorine dioxide is less caustic, safer, and gentler than bleach and many other antiseptics and antimicrobials, plus it remains effective under organic load. Further, chlorine bleach produces harmful by-products to the environment, including trihalomethanes (THM) and haloacetic acids (HAAS). Vital Oxide breaks down to a simple salt, producing no harmful by-products.

Does Vital Oxide™ contain VOC?
No. Vital Oxide™ does not contain volatile organic compounds.

Do I have to vacate my home or business during the process of fogging?
No, you do not have to leave your home that is being treated, only the space as its being treated for at least 20 minutes. We also ask you to practice COVID-19 social distancing protocols, such as keeping your distance from our technician and wearing a mask. Our technician will also take precautions in compliance with COVID-19 standards in order to help better protect everyone, while in your space.

How long will the whole process take to apply?
It all depends on the area you are having treated. Vital Oxide™ begins to work immediately in killing 99.999% of bacteria & viruses and dries rapidly on most surfaces in less than 10 minutes. Carpets & rugs will take up to an hour depending on how much they have been treated and length of carpet fibers.

I see that Vital Oxide™ is used in schools & Hospitals, but can it be used at home?
Yes. Vital Oxide™ is an excellent disinfectant to use in homes. Some of the best places to use Vital Oxide™ at home are in musty basements, in bathrooms where mildew has accumulated (or on surfaces to protect against mold and mildew), and in the kitchen to keep food-contact surfaces clean. Vital Oxide™ has also been tested on carpets and can be used around the house to sanitize carpets.

What are the advantages of having my home or business disinfected with Vital Oxide™?
The quickest & most cost effective way to disinfect a hospital room, an entire basement, or a school gym is by using a fogger or electrostatic sprayer that can create a fine mist to treat objects, walls, floors, and ceilings in a matter of just a few minutes. Electrostatic sprayers and foggers can dramatically cut the time to disinfect large areas. Vital Oxide™ is one of the few disinfectants that can be dispersed in this manner because Vital Oxide™ is non-corrosive to treated surfaces and objects.

With so many disinfectants & mold removers on the market, why should I choose Vital Oxide™?
The easiest way to answer this question is simply, not all disinfectants are created equal. When evaluating and comparing disinfectant products, take a close look at their core ingredients. Vital Oxide™ uses a unique chemical compound called chlorine dioxide. While other competitors and manufacturers have attempted to copy and produce a form of stabilized chlorine dioxide similar to Vital Oxide™, our revolutionary formula is simply unequaled. Chlorine dioxide has been used during Anthrax attacks, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, to purify drinking water, and most recently to kill MRSA in schools and hospitals. Also consider carefully what kind of chemicals you want around your children, employees, patients, students, and close family members. Most disinfectants and mold removers on the market are extremely toxic, but Vital Oxide™ gives you peace of mind that you are using an effective product that does not come with alarming safety warnings and precautions.